Friday, August 6, 2010

Dangers of Yesterday

I woke up to a brighter morning today. That's the good thing about God. I'm not asked to live in the past.
However, sometimes I choose to. Sometimes I'm very comfortable in the world of yesterday, I look at it through rose colored glasses. After all...that's where Isaac & Hannah were safe. In mama's tummy. Alive. That's when my daughters didn't know the sting of death, & that's when Dan & I spent nights full of laughter talking to our babies.
But the dangerous thing about that is there is little hope. You know how this is going to end. You've read the last few sentences of that chapter & slam the book shut. Throw it across the room in frustration screaming "why??"
Well, I thank God that He is continually writing my story. That although it felt like life stopped for a while & it kinda did...that He carried me through to the next chapter.

Which is full of Hope.
Hope for a future.
Hope for joy.
Hope for laughter.
Hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment