Tuesday, October 5, 2010

30 Posts in 30 Days....Day 3

Day 3 - a television program that helped you either get through hard times or that moves you.

Well, as strange as this is...the answer to that is Scrubs. Ya know the comedy about interns in a hospital??
Well, like I said in my previous post, Dan & I couldn't sleep...or better said~I couldn't sleep. Dan has & probably always been a night owl, I tried to avoid sleep as much as I could. Looking back now it was extremely dysfunctional. We would stay up hours on end watching episode after episode (DVD rentals) drinking coffee.
Now Dan thought nothing of this new behavior in me, in fact he liked it, he now had a night time buddy. But I was trying to avoid lying down in the stillness of my bed & thinking. Hurting.
So I would stay up til 2 or 3 in the morning watching Scrubs.
Well, I can't say it so much "helped" me but it did soften the blow by giving me a way to numb out til I was ready to "feel"
And like "One Night With The King" I CAN NOT nor do I have any desire to watch scrubs ever again. In fact when I hear the music it instantly depresses me.
So, I can say that if there were a television program associated with losing my Isaac, this would be it~~but it's not a good feeling that goes along with it.

1 comment:

  1. OH :( I like Scrubs - but I don't associate it with my losses. That would kinda put a damper on it. Luckily or my t.v. watching (or maybe not luckily cause i watch WAY too much) I have no aversion to any shows... (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete